WHAT IS THE VIDEO?
A mini-dance film made from submissions of the Skunkworks Dance community to thank essential workers.
At Skunkworks, we have been deeply moved by the heroic work essential workers are doing on a daily basis to keep our society safe and healthy. To show our gratitude, we are creating a special dance film with the artistic voices from our incredible Skunkworks community.
WHO CAN BE IN THE VIDEO?
Anyone who considers themselves a part of the Skunkworks Dance community!
We want anyone and everyone (Young Dancer - Adult) who considers themselves a part of our community to participate in this film! You do not have to be a registration student to submit a video. Have a few family members that want to join you in your video? They are welcome! The more the merrier.
HOW DO I MAKE A SUBMISSION?
Email you 30-45 second dance video and dedication video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS DUE: Sunday, May 31
Email video submissions to email@example.com.
Video submissions can also be Google Drive shared.
All participant videos will be included in some way, as long as the criteria below is met. See videos attached below for demonstration of how to film.
DIRECTIONS FOR DANCE VIDEO SUBMISSION
1. TIME: Dance videos must be between 30-45 seconds long.
2. MUSIC: It is okay if music is playing in the background.
3. LIGHT: Find a place with good light and space to dance!
Some tips for finding your light:
- Light sources should be in front of you, if possible. Some side light and overhead lightCheck your space and lighting by practicing. Record yourself before you officially film to make sure you can easily see yourself in the video. Recording outside in sunlight is always a win! (DO NOT have the light source, for example: a window, behind you. It will make you a silhouette.)
4. CAMERA: Find a spot to put the camera where your whole body can be seen and where the camera is stable. Please use a still shot versus a moving shot for this project.
5. 5 SECOND RULE: Once you press record, wait 5 seconds before you start dancing and hold for five seconds after you finish dancing.
6. SMILE: This is a happy video, so make sure to smile! Our goal is to bring joy, positivity and hope to the essential worker through our dances!
DIRECTIONS FOR ESSENTIAL WORKER DEDICATION VIDEO
We will have a section where you can dedicate your dance to an essential worker(s) you know personally. For this video:
1. Find a spot where you can be seen clearly from the chest to head with ample lighting. (See LIGHT and CAMERA tips above for more info.)
2. 5 SECOND RULE: Once you press record, wait 5 seconds before you start dancing and hold for five seconds after you finish recording your dedication.
3. DEDICATION SCRIPT: Use the statement: "To my STATE HOW YOU KNOW THEM (ex: friend, cousin, aunt, etc.) FIRST NAME".
EXAMPLE STATEMENT: "To my cousins, Rachel and Lauren."tings.
Email or call (904)414-6899.
We want YOU and your family to be a part of this video! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We are happy to better clarify or walk you through how to make your video submission.