POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Attendance / Pre-Arrival Policies
1. Parents and/or guardians of the student(s) must complete a short COVID-19 Screen Questionnaire via DocuSign every day while attending Skunkworks Dance.
A student without a completed form WILL NOT be allowed into the studio.
2. If your dancer or anyone within your household has had a fever in the past 72-hours, please do not bring your child to class.
3. If your dancer is not feeling unwell in any way, please keep them home.
4. All students, faculty and staff must wear a mask at all times in-studio including
entering, exiting and while dancing.
All students are required to have an adequate supply of clean masks for usage at the studio.
A clean mask is required for each day.
1. Students must arrive EARLY to classes and rehearsal
Doors will open approximately 5 minutes before class
Students will be let in one at a time to maintain physical distancing
2. Doors will close and students WILL NOT be allowed to enter once the class has begun
It is imperative that our staff be able to supervise students as they enter the studio for the safety of our dancers and staff. For that reason, we will not be able to accept anyone who is late to class.
3. Dancers must wait outside the studio (socially distanced at least 6-feet apart) until Skunkworks faculty greets and escorts the student into the studio on an individual basis.
4. Parents, siblings, friends, etc. will not be allowed into the studio at this time for the safety of all dancers and Skunkworks’ staff.
5. Dancers must arrive in dance wear for the day. Changing at the studio will not be allowed.
6. Dancers will be required to sanitize hands before entering and when leaving the studio.
7. Dancers should only bring necessary items to class (shoes, water, keys, phone)
All dancers must bring their own water bottle with their name clearly marked on it.
8. Upon entering, dancers will be directed to place all their items in a designated bin including shoes.
9. Cell Phones will be required to be stored away in a provided plastic ziplock back, and then placed in their designated bin.
Cell Phones must only be used for emergency use only while at the studio.
1. We will have sectioned off at spaces in the studio for each dancer to stand in during class.
2. We will refrain from doing any partnering activities or group activities that puts students under 6ft of distance from each other
3. Staff will only use verbal communication, corrections and feedback.
4. Classes will be very limited in size of enrollment to follow state, local and CDC guidelines.
When we enter a new phase with new guidelines, there might be changes of numbers of participants. All spots are based on first come, first serve if numbers change in either direction.
5. All Skunkworks classes, rehearsals and other events will end 5-minutes early to allow for students to gather their items and wipe down their bins.
Any barre, item, bin or item touched by a student will receive an extensive secondary cleaning from a Skunkworks staff member before any further use
1. Parents and Guardians must pick up or arrange for student pick up at the exact time that classes and rehearsals end.
Due to the need for extensive cleaning, we are not able to have the students stay within the building after their class or rehearsal ends.
1. All waiting areas will be closed until further federal, state and local guidance is provided.
2. Since the lobbies are closed and parents are asked to refrain from entering the building, we will continue to utilize our website, email and social media to share important information with you.
1. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Staff will return calls and emails as soon as possible.
Any excused absence, late arrival, etc. must be reported at least 30 minutes before the intensive or lab begins.
Any excused Y.A.W. or Pre-Y.A.W. absence must be reported at least 2 weeks before the class or rehearsal date.
In case of an emergency, knock on the “front” door on Central Street.
If you think your student may have COVID-19, please notify us right away and schedule a visit or telemedicine appointment with your primary care physician right away.
In the case that a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, the entire studio (all dancers and staff) will go on a 14 day quarantine following the last day of exposure to the person with COVID-19. The studio space will be deep cleaned during this quarantine duration. COVID-19 testing is highly encouraged - please note symptoms may be asymptomatic and may not show up on a test for up to 4 days after exposure. In this situation, classes and rehearsals will continue virtually on Zoom for the quarantine.
In the case that a Skunkworks student or staff member comes into contact with someone (family, friend, classmate at school, etc.) who has COVID-19, the Skunkworks student or faculty member must quarantine for 14 days following the last day of exposure to the person with COVID-19. In this situation, the student would be able to continue class and rehearsals on Zoom.
While it is our goal to stay In-Person throughout the session, we feel it is important that we address the possibility that we might have to go virtual due to CDC, state and local guidelines.
If Skunkworks Dance (not the individual student) pivots to VIRTUAL for 2 or less consecutive weeks, then the requirements will remain as stated.
Students will be expected to maintain their normal class and rehearsal schedules, lengths, times and durations on our virtual learning platform.
If Skunkworks Dance (not the individual student) pivots to VIRTUAL for more than 3 consecutive weeks, then the following changes to program requirements will occur:
At the start of the third consecutive week that Skunkworks Dance is conducting full virtual classes and rehearsals, the length of class and/or rehearsal will be adjusted to half of the regular scheduled time. Students will be expected to attend their normal classes and rehearsals at the adjusted times.
All Skunkworks Students MUST RETURN and are financially responsible for their full schedule once we are back to IN-PERSON learning. A 50% refund will then be applied only to the weeks in virtual training at the start of the third consecutive week to the end of the consecutive virtual period. Any refund along the guidelines listed above will be issued before January 1, 2021 within the payment tender the tuition was originally paid. NO FULL OR REFUNDS other than what is listed above will be granted in the event of virtual learning or other learning disturbance.
Students are encouraged to NOT miss class except for an emergency or sickness. Consistent class attendance is imperative to a students growth and ability to feel at their best in class. We highly recommend scheduling doctors appointments, family events and other outings outside of Skunkworks class time. If a student misses more than 4 classes per session, the student may be asked to forfeit enrollment without tuition return.
Y.A.W. Attendance Guidelines
1. Y.A.W. and Pre-Y.A.W. students will only be able to miss 3 class periods per session and 2 rehearsal, unless for an excused absence such as sickness or family emergency.
Failure to attend the proper classes and/or rehearsal can result in removal from Y.A.W. or Pre-Y.A.W. dance works, or removal from Y.A.W. or Pre-Y.A.W. programs.
We appreciate all of your support and understanding during this time of uncertainty and look forward to dancing the semester away!